There are many things I’ve never been particularly good at. Not necessarily in this order but…. Swingball, ice skating, catching anything spherical, hitting anything spherical (see reference to Swingball), swimming without inflatable assistance, and practising any form of self discipline….pretty much top the list. At this time of year I particularly hanker after the ability to exercise self discipline (I will work on the swimming, once again, in summer).
Soo….instead of banning myself from stuff, which never seems to work, I have decided upon a New Year’s resolution points system. I have chosen 5 things I really should give up in the New Year and have awarded points to each item. The points for each resolution vary depending on how detrimental/mental they are. (My best friend Gemma has acted as chief adjudicator on this one.)
Here is the list of the 2013 baddies;
- I MUST STOP
BORING MY FRIENDSTALKING TO MY FRIENDS ABOUT MY EX – 25 point penalty per comment.
- I MUST STOP LOOKING AT MY EX’S FACEBOOK PAGE – 10 point penalty per hit.
- I MUST NOT TEXT/CALL/WRITE LETTERS/OR SEND CARDS TO MY EX – 100 point penalty per time.
- I MUST NOT MAKE ANY ENQUIRIES INTO MY EX’S NEW LOVE LIFE – 50 point penalty per question.
- TO FACILITATE POINTS 1 TO 4, I MUST NOT GET DRUNK – 20 point penalty per alcoholic drink.
I will have a daily points tally and monthly one. At the end of Jan if I am below 200 points I can obviously trust myself to give up the points system. And Gemma can stop monitoring me. 200 – 300 points then the system rolls into Feb. However if I am over 300 points, I have to delete my Facebook account. Completely. As monitored by Gemma (my former best friend).
I can’t delete my Facebook account, it’s my
stalking lifeline social lifeline. So I am going to have to be good. I’ll let you know how it progresses. I know this is supposed to be good for me. But so is celery. And I don’t like that either.
Let me know how your New Year resolutions are panning out.
Big Love Evie XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxx
Current January Resolution Points Tally 10th Jan 95 points. Pah. Stupid points system.
- Ask the Experts: Why Do We Make New Year’s Resolutions (And How Can You Keep Yours This Year)? (cardhub.com)
- Resolutions (janegoodallcanadablog.org)